Smeede Hotel

From Lane Co Oregon

Located on 767 Willamette Street in Eugene.

Originally known as the Baker Hotel when it was Eugene's social center, it is in fine condition, though it is now the only 19th century building left intact in the center of downtown.

Smeede Hotel is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Date Built: 1884. Baker's Hotel opened in 1885. In 1892 it was renamed the Hotel Eugene, in 1907 the Hotel Smeede and in 1914, the Smeede Hotel.

Historic Significance: Architecture/Engineering

Architect, builder, or engineer: Park, George H

Architectural Style: Italianate

Owner: Private

Historic Sub-function: Hotel

Current Function: Work In Progress

Personal tools