From Create Your Own Story
Create Your Own Story
Create Your Own Story is a wiki that contains stories where the reader assumes the role of the main character. In each page you decide how the story should progress. If you don't see an option that you would like to pursue, click the edit tab on the top of the page and add a new path to the page. Then you get to write in your own story for the character.
Please note that this site is specifically for Create Your Own Stories with the ability to select from different choices. If you decide to post stories that have no choices, your story will be deleted as such stories are not appropriate.
If you're new to this site, please read our Tutorial to learn how to edit stories. Please do not add new stories to the Main Page. Add new stories to the sub-pages for each story type below. New stories added to the Main Page will be removed from the Main Page.
- Hint: If you don't care enough about your writing to attempt to use proper grammar or spelling, chances are people won't care to read it. If grammar isn't your strong suit, you may want to look over some Grammatical Tips.
If you want to practice editing, you should do so on the Sandbox.
P.S. To those looking for the adult stories, they are at the bottom of the page, past the warning, as to prevent any incidental stumblings into adult content and to keep the site reasonably appropriate for all ages.
- Don't give too many options when starting a new story and leave half of them redlinked. Focus on a small number of story threads at first.
- Outline a general plan for what the intention of your story is when you start it, what genre and themes it belongs to.
- As alternative to plain formatting for your story, you may try using Italics to write the Narration, regular Font for character Dialogue and Bold for Character/Item/Location names or important developments. Example: As you walked through the Forest, you heard a young girl calling out for you. "Jack! Wait for me! I have a gift for you!" Kate runs up to you and gives you the MacGuffin. Whatever style you choose, try to keep it consistent throughout the story.
- If you are having difficulty spacing out paragraphs, you can use <br>, which works as a line-break.
- Don't inject crude humor into a story that's intended to be played straight.
- Please categorize the pages in your story. For example, if your story is called "The Story", then please add [[Category:The Story]] to each new page you create for your story.
- Stories of less than ten pages that haven't been worked on by anyone in some time will be dropped into the Pit. Feel free to retrieve stories from the Pit and put them back on the appropriate story-type page if you get inspired and add to one.
PAST THIS LINE HAS ADULT THEMES AND MILD LANGUAGE,
IF THOSE KIND OF THINGS OFFEND YOU DO NOT PASS THIS LINE
18+ Only. Do not read these stories if you are underage or if you are offended by adult material.