From Create Your Own Adventure
Create Your Own Adventure
Create Your Own Adventure is a wiki that contains stories where the reader assumes the role of the main character. In each page you choose how the story should progress. If you don't see an option that you would like to pursue, click the edit tab on the top of the page and add a new path to the page. Then you get to write in your own adventure for the character.
Please note that this site is specifically for Create Your Own Adventure stories. If you choose to post stories that have no choices, your story will be deleted as such stories are not appropriate for this site.
If you're new to this site, please read our Tutorial to learn how to edit stories. Please do not add new stories to the Main Page. Add new stories to the sub-pages for each story type below. New stories added to the Main Page will be removed from the Main Page.
- Hint: If you don't care enough about your writing to attempt to use proper grammar or spelling, chances are people won't care to read it. If grammar isn't your strong suit, you may want to look over some Grammatical Tips.
If you want to practice editing, you should do so on the Sandbox.
P.S. To those looking for the adult stories, they are at the bottom of the page, past the warning, as to prevent any incidental stumblings into adult content and to keep the site reasonably appropriate for all ages.
People have a tendency to create branches where the character dies. To prevent the story from being just a tree with all dead ends:
- For each page where you kill the player's character, you must create at least 2 pages (with content) where s/he can go on.
- Please stick to the theme and setting of the story, and discuss ideas for major changes on the discussion pages. Although creativity is encouraged, radical plot changes and inconsistencies will ruin the flow.
- If something is off topic, remove it.
- Try to capitalize and spell your words correctly.
- ADD OPTIONS AND NOT JUST TEXT! Complete pages include options so the story can continue (unless the page is an ending). Incomplete pages will be edited or deleted.
FOR ALL AGES:
Suitable for anyone with Basic Reading Level skills. Please keep these G-PG.
FOR 10+: For more advanced readers. Please keep these G - PG-13.
Quizzes and Challenges
Not actually stories, but a chance to test your knowledge (or your luck):
Content normally found in R-rated movies,
- Don't give too many options when starting a new story and leave half of them redlinked. Focus on a small number of story threads at first.
- Outline a general plan for what the intention of your story is when you start it: What genre and themes it belongs to.
- As alternative to plain formatting for your story, you may try using Italics to write the Narration, regular Font for character Dialogue and Bold for Character/Item/Location names or important developments. Example: As you walked through the Forest, you heard a young girl calling out for you. "Jack! Wait for me! I have a gift for you!" Kate runs up to you and gives you the MacGuffin. Whatever style you choose, try to keep it consistent throughout the story.
- If you are having difficulty spacing out paragraphs, you can use <br>, which works as a line-break.
- Don't inject crude humor into a story that's intended to be played straight.
- Please categorize the pages in your story. For example, if your story is called "The Story", then please add [[Category:The Story]] to each new page you create for your story.
- Stories of less than ten pages that haven't been worked on by anyone in some time will be dropped into the Pit. Feel free to retrieve stories from the Pit and put them back on the appropriate story-type page if you get inspired and add to one.
- CYOA Drinking Game (Teen/Adult, though you can play with soda if you're under the minimum age for drinking alcohol.)
- You Know You Play Too Many CYOAs When...
PAST THIS LINE HAS ADULT THEMES AND MILD LANGUAGE,
IF THOSE KIND OF THINGS OFFEND YOU DO NOT PASS THIS LINE
18+ Only. Do not read these stories if you are underage or if you are offended by adult material.
|Story||Number Of Pages||Note|
|Birthday Bottom Boy's Blackout Bar-night (Gay)||1,034 Pages||Do Not Edit|
|College Girls||329 Pages||Public|
|The Devil's Daughter||595 Pages||Public|
|Down The Rabbit Hole||19 Pages||(Hail Eris!) Public|
|Furry World||575 Pages||Public|
|Girl Scout Cookies||375 Pages||Public|
|Girl Scout Camp (the sequel)||383 Pages||Public|
|High School||769 Pages||Public|
|Hot and Horny||429 Pages||Public, please edit!|
|The Life of a Medieval Princess||403 Pages||Public - but please read the Princess Editor's Guide.|
|Life of a 13 Year Old||321 Pages||Do Not Edit, Update Jan, 25, 2014|
|Ongoing Story||561 Pages|
|Oops! You're Naked!||245 Pages||Public|
|Pedo Romp||377 Pages||Public|
|Pi Pi Pi||306 Pages||Public|
|Rampage||3,009 Pages||Public-but any contributions with poor grammar will be immediately deleted|
|Smutty Sex Romp||5,979 Pages||Public -For experienced writers with a firm grasp of grammar and spelling only. Any contributions with poor grammar will be immediately deleted|
|Star Wars: The Complete Erotic Saga||906 Pages||Public|
|The Story of Jack Foster||73 Pages||Public|
|University Daze||106 Pages||Public|
|Vampire Weekend||331 Pages||Public|
|Yes, Yes, Yes, Your Honor||261 Pages||Public Complete|